Do I have an investment fraud case?
Whether you are an investor who feels you have been wronged by a broker or a broker who has been wronged by an investment company. We can properly guide you at Halling & Cayo, S.C.. Our Securities Litigation team has more than 60 years of combined experience litigating these disputes in State and Federal Courts and Arbitrations throughout the United.
Securities Fraud Cases
Outcome: FINRA Arbitration award of $311,000
Outcome: FINRA Arbitration award of $227,500 against the Broker/Dealer and a substantial recovery through confidential settlement.
Outcome: Judgment of $345,276 in an adversary proceeding in the Eastern District of Wisconsin Bankruptcy Court.
Outcome: Substantial recovery through confidential settlement before trial.
Outcome: Award of $186,391.50 in a FINRA arbitration.
Outcome: Multiple actions, in court and arbitration, resulted in recoveries through settlements and arbitration awards in excess of $500,000.
Outcome: Substantial recovery via confidential settlement before trial.
How we can help:
WE ONLY GET PAID IF WE WIN. Our fee is a % of what we actually recover for you. No fee upfront. If you have been a victim of Securities Fraud, contact one of the attorneys in Halling & Cayo’s Securities Litigation and Arbitration practice group at 414-755-5020 or email@example.com.
Investment fraud examples
- Misrepresentations, Customer Specific and Reasonable Basis Unsuitability. A high net-worth individual was sold a private placement via memorandum for a product which was not suitable for him nor had the placement agent sufficiently investigated the company underlying the product to justify the risk/return offered.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty. We represented the beneficiaries of a Trust in which the broker, while exercising discretion over the account, mismanaged the Trust’s funds by leaving the investments primarily in equities despite an obligation to protect funds for specific bequests set forth in the Trust. There was also a claim against the corporate trustee for failure to properly discharge its duties.
- Uniform Securities Law Violation and Unjust Enrichment. A case originally brought in State Court for misrepresentations and unjust enrichment in the sale of a Tenants in Common interest for commercial real estate. When the defendant filed bankruptcy, an adversary proceeding was brought to obtain recovery for the Plaintiffs.
- Negligence/ Unsuitable Recommendations. A claim in FINRA arbitration for unsuitable recommendations in the clients variable annuity account. The unsuitable investments included numerous leveraged and inverse exchange traded funds (ETFs).
- Misrepresentations/ Unsuitable Recommendations. The claims involved unsuitable recommendations and misrepresentations in the sale of non-traded real estate investment trusts (REITS) and a private placement (PPM).
WE ONLY GET PAID IF WE WIN. Our fee is a % of what we actually recover for you. No fee upfront and Free case evaluations.
Updates and news including information about bringing a claim, recent changes to securities laws and regulations, and recent decisions from Federal and State Courts.